As the temperature drops and the nights grow longer, Maryland drivers prepare to travel to holiday celebrations around the state and around the country. Remembering holiday seasons past, drivers on Maryland highways should be prepared to confront a sea of tail lights and slow moving bumpers this year as well. However, while the kids play license plate bingo, Maryland personal injury lawyers urge our readers to drive safely so that they can enjoy holiday celebrations.
Lebowitz & Mzhen would like to take this time to offer some safe driving tips to make sure that all of you are able to have a very happy holiday surrounded by family and friends.
• Plan your route based on traffic information
• Always appoint a designated driver if you plan to drink alcohol
• Leave early and allow yourself extra time to reach your destination
• Do not follow too closely—the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration recommends a three second interval between you and the car in front of you
• Know the location of Maryland roadwork protects that may delay your travel
• Spot and protect yourself from aggressive drivers frustrated by heavy traffic
• After indulging in the requisite large holiday meals, never driver drowsy
Additional web resources
Maryland State Highway Administration